Electro-Mechanical Technology (or mechatronics) is one of the most in-demand and highly sought-after careers in the manufacturing 行业. The combination of electrical and mechanical skills based in computer-aided
A graduate of this program will be able to do the following:
- Disassemble machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment.
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment.
- Examine parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Clean, lubricate, or adjust parts, equipment, or machinery.
- 分析测试结果, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Read, write, and edit PLC programs.
- 安装, 进行故障排除, and repair PLC I/O wiring.
- 安装, 进行故障排除, and repair power distribution systems.
- 安装, 进行故障排除, and repair electrical wiring and circuitry.
- 安装, 进行故障排除, and replace AC, DC, and 3-phase motors.
- 安装, 进行故障排除, and replace proximity sensors, photo-eyes, magnetic switches and other sensors.
- 安装, 进行故障排除, and replace motor controls such as variable frequency drives and across the line starters.
- 安装, 进行故障排除, and repair temperature control systems using thermocouples and RTDs.